Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Meaningful Technology Use

Similar to last year, the Google Summit has been overloading my brain with awesome resources, tools, and ideas that I can take back and use in my classroom right away! One thing that I thought I would share are the following two images. While they aren't new and hopefully everyone has seen them before,I thought I would share them because they are a good reminder about how we should be meaningfully using technology. 

The first is called the TPAK model. It emphasizes the importance of balancing content knowledge, pedagogical knowledge and technological knowledge in order to create the most meaningful learning opportunities for students in our classroom. All three need to work in collaboration in the classroom. The second image is called the SAMR model. It highlights the progression of technology use, and how it should ideally be used so students can redefine their knowledge. When we are using technology in our classrooms, we need to reflect on the purpose for using it, and ensuring that it is leading to meaningful learning. 

TPAK Model

SAMR Model

No comments:

Post a Comment