Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Ninja Multiplication: Recalling math facts

Ninja Multiplication

Displaying IMG_8176.JPG
I was having a hard time thinking about ways to practice basic multiplication facts that would be interesting for my students. I came upon something on the internet that caught my attention. The idea is to set up different colored belts for each multiplication fact. I created a chart to display in the classroom that shows each student name and each belt they can achieve. I would change the order of the facts for next year, but this is what I tried this year. 

To advance to the next fact, they need to be able to recall the facts at a reasonable rate. Students seem to be very engaged and have been working hard to advance to the next belt level. 

After they have mastered all the black belts, students will be given a black, cloth belt to wear on their heads during math class to reward them for their hard work and to show the other students that they are the classroom genius for this content.  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment