Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

Google Drawings--Super Easy to Use!

For a long time I have been thinking I needed to take a look at Google Drawings, but just wasn't getting around to playing with it.  Being the procrastinator that I am, I finally got to experimenting with Draw the day before I planned to use it in a lesson a few weeks ago.  Had I realized how easy it was to work with, I would have been using it for much longer!

Instead of using worksheets, etc. I have now had students create posters, textbook pages and public service announcements.  We are preparing for some larger projects and used these activities as more interesting ways to research information.  As always, anything I hadn't worked out, the kids quickly discovered.

A couple things to note if you haven't used it:
  • If you are planning to print, have students change the page size to 8.5 x 11.
  • Encourage kids to explore with layering boxes and adding dimension by changing the thickness of borders, etc.
  • Have fun!




1 comment:

  1. Also, don't forget that you can modify your search parameters in Google images to find PNG images without the white box in the background :) (Search tools--> Colours --> transparent)

    ReplyDelete