Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

First Nations



I wanted to talk about how I use art in my Social and Language arts as well as art. I have included a few artists that you can refer to. To integrate my curriculum, one of the things I do is take a few Indigenous  artists from this region or Western Canada. We talk about the style but also the emotions that are portrayed through medium and message. Then the students write to the artist to express how the art made them feel. This brings in the Language Arts component. We also read biographies of these artists. This year, we will be looking at the art of Alex Janvier. He is a friend of my husband's family. We will explore his art, examples of...like the new Stadium in Edmonton, the Art Gallery of Canada as well as his introduction to art at Blue Quills residential school. When we are done the unit they will be writing to the artists. We have not yet received a response but perhaps this year. Below are some subject areas that may inspire you!



 Indigenous Art Link

No comments:

Post a Comment